Tuesday, July 3, 2007

4 more days until I start work again. I'm kicking myself wondering why I didn't ask for 12 wks off instead of 8? I'm sure they'd give it to me if I asked, but I'll have to pick up my part time job anyways and I just asked that I be allow to "ramp-up" for the next month instead of accepting my full "part time" work load.

I'm thinking this is why I'm feeling a little stress and on-edge this week. I hope I'm not putting too much pressure on myself and Wyatt to get us into some type of reliable nap schedule. When he sleeps when I want him to I'm ecstatic. When he doesn't a part of me is bummed out. But seriously, how can I expect a 7 wk old baby to fall into a schedule that I've set for him? As my mother-in-law would say, it's my "type-A" personality rearing it's head.

This morning we had a period of about 30 mins that was complete meltdown for everyone. Wyatt was inconsolable (gas pains), Evelyn was crying and swatting me because I was giving him all my attention and one of the cats was howling as well. Oy! I felt like pulling my hair out. Instead, I closed the living room window so that none of the neighbors could hear what was going on. I put Wyatt down on the floor and let him howl for a few moments as Evelyn sat in my lap and we sang "Row, Row, Row your boat". We were a sorry sight. Luckily Wyatt worked out the gas and wore himself out that I was able to put him down for a nap early. Then I gave Evelyn an early lunch and she's sleeping now too. Pure bliss, except that one of the cats is now circling my feet meowing for attention.

1 comment:

Eric, Cindy, Aidan and Clancey said...

April ~ I totally know what you're talking about. I have to go back to work on Monday. I'm completely dreading it. I can't believe it's been 9 weeks already. We did a trial run at the daycare last Tuesday and Aidan did great. I, however, cried all morning getting ready, all the way to the daycare, and then all the way to the gym. I decided to workout so I would stop crying. Hopefully Monday will be easier, but I doubt it, considering he'll be there all day. If only I could've won the lottery this week and I wouldn't have had to go back to work. :(