Sunday, July 29, 2007

The circle of Life

I found out this evening that my great aunt Corrine died this morning; she was 92. I can't say that I was close to her, but I have fond memories of visiting her and her husband Walt when I was a child. Although any death is a loss, living 92 years is quite an accomplishment. Do you ever notice when someone you know dies, it makes you evaluate your life? I like to think it's God's little way of telling us, "Hey, pay attention!!!".

When I think of myself in my final breaths of life I would like to have no regrets. I would like to think that I lived and treated humanity kindly. I hope that there are those I love surrounding me and celebrating the life that I lived. (Of course I also hope that it is quite a few years down the road!)

In thinking of death, I also think of new life. Every day someone dies and is mourned, but also there is life. A new baby takes his or her first breaths and the miracle of life starts all over again. Seems ironic doesn't it, but it is all part of God's plan for us.

Goodbye Corrine.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I'm sorry for your loss...