Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

After I wrote my coffee post I started thinking about the simple things in life that give me pleasure. The older I get the more simple my guilty pleasures become. I wonder if that's because my view on life changes? Here's a few of mine:

A cup of hot coffee
The time to visit a favorite store
Finding a good book at the library
7:30pm - when both kids go to bed
A trip to the farmers market
An unexpected hug/kiss or smile from the kids
When Neil buys me a bottle of wine or beer he thinks I'd like
New running shoes
Looking through my scrapbooks
An hour to BS on the phone with a friend
Digging in the garden
An unexpected gift or card from a friend or relative
A delicious meal cooked by someone else
Cool mornings/evening and warm days
Freshly laundered sheets or towels

Everything seems better when you put a smile on your face. Sounds corny, but when I'm having a bad day or moment, I like to think of the next guilty pleasure I'll enjoy and it always helps ground me.

1 comment:

LutherLiz said...

Ah, A good book, a shady forest with a shimmering lake, and a cold diet coke. Perfection!

I like your list. Definately a good thing to try to remember!