Monday, July 2, 2007

I did it this morning! Our first excursion (all 3 of us) to some place other than the park. We headed to Rosedale mall and only stayed an hour, but I was so glad that no one cried! Whew, I have hopes that we'll be able to do much more in the future.

This weekend Evelyn got to see her cousin Aiden a few times. It was fun to get the two kids together and they seemed to enjoy each other's company. I've wondered what will happen when the kids get older and and only want to hang out with their own sex? Out of 9 great grandchildren, she is the only girl. Who will Evelyn hang out with? Maybe it is good for her to be around all boys?



At the very least I'm sure she'll have some "girlfriends" once she gets into school. And of course, she'll always have me. I'll probably be "ok" until she hit's about 9 or 10. Then I'm sure she won't think I'm cool anymore.


1 comment:

Missy said...

Congrats on surviving your first trip out of the house! Sounds like it was a great success! :)