Wednesday, July 4, 2007


It's hard to believe that Wyatt's only been here for 7wks. It seems like he's been part of the family for so much longer. I guess that's a good sign that he fits in well. His little personality is starting to come through. He's super-smile-guy first thing in the morning. I remember Evelyn was like that too. I'm getting to know his little cries. He lets out a short loud one when he's tired of being in the bouncer-seat too long. He does this with a little scowl on his face. It's funny, it almost sounds like he's saying, "HEY!"

When I get up at night to feed him and I switch sides, he often gives me a big 'ol smile and a little coo-coo before he finishes eating. It makes getting up at night to feed him so worthwhile. I also know that our little "midnight-dates" won't last forever. I looked fondly back to feeding Evelyn at night when the house was so quiet and I could just hold her little body in my arms. Now I have the insight to enjoy these times with Wyatt while they last. Don't get me wrong though, I can't wait to get a full night's sleep!
I'm looking forward to Wyatt's personality developing. Will he be easy going? (Probably) Will he be a cuddle bug? (I hope so) Will Evelyn try to boss him around? (Definately). It will be fun to find out what his favorite songs and activities will be. I look forward to our life together.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

He looks like a happy little guy. All of those good things, they warm the heart. They also make us ok with the bad things.