Monday, July 30, 2007

Rockin & Rolling!!!

As I type this I still can't believe it happened! At 2 1/2 months old Wyatt rolled over this morning. At first I thought it was a fluke. He was doing a little tummy time on the floor, I looked away and when I looked back he was on his tummy! I could hardly believe it, so I put him back on his tummy and he rolled again!!!! He did this a total of 4 times. I'm so amazed because Evelyn didn't do this till she was 5 1/2 months old. It's so amazing to me that their development is this different. I wonder if this means he'll be earlier to crawl and walk? It will be fun to see.

On a negative development side, Evelyn learned how to turn door knobs this morning. This means nearly all rooms are now at her finger tips. Looks like we'll have to buy some "baby-proof" door knob covers!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Wow - way to go Wyatt!! That seems really early to me, too. I bet he is a busy little guy. :)

Kerry said...

Yikes! Ours have been rolling since about a little over 3 months (from their due date). Part of it has to do with their enormous Irish-sized heads I think... you put Mairin on her tummy and she looks up a bit and the giant tater flips her right over. We had a NICU follow up check this past Friday and the Dr. was going over their growth curve and joking that we will be buying large sized bike helmets.

It should be interesting to hear how Wyatt differs from Evelyn in development and energy level.

Kristine said...

That does seem super early, but nonetheless, way to go Wyatt!!

Eric, Cindy, Aidan and Clancey said...

Wow, that is early! He's on a roll!