Thursday, September 20, 2007

Evelyn's first bad word

I knew this day was coming. I knew I couldn't prevent it. I didn't know that I'd laugh when she used her first bad word. Luckily neither Neil nor myself are big user of obsenities. We hardly ever utter the "s" or the "f" word. I am however an offender of the "c" word. (Crap) I must have uttered it some time during my conversation with a credit card company this morning. When I put Evelyn in her highchair for lunch and served up a PB&J, she takes one bite and says, "Holy crap Mommy, this peanut butter and jelly is delicious". I started laughing and she kept saying, "holy crap...holy crap...crap...crap...crap" Let's hope she got it out of her system.

4 comments:

erinlarney said...

haaa!!! how funny she used it in a sentence too. :p

Kristine said...

she used it in the proper way...at least... i'm sorry, i know i will laugh when graycen has her first bad word, too

Emilie said...

That is hilarious!

Sometimes we hear Daniel going around saying something that sounds a little too close to the s-word ... but we assume he is teaching himself the word "shoe" or some such word. We hope so, anyway!

Missy said...

Oh my - that is so hilarious, I was totally not expecting to hear how she used it in a sentence!!! ADORABLE!