This is our 4th straight day of not leaving the house. We came down with "the crud" after our travels over the weekend and we're laying low right now. Evelyn and I came down with it Sunday/Monday. Neil and Wyatt got it Tuesday.
Poor little Wyatt, he had a brief cold a few weeks ago, but this is his first major one. He had a temp all day Tuesday and isn't really eating that much. I picked him up this morning and he felt like he had lost a little weight. My poor buddy, his nose is as red as rudolphs. At least I can control who we spread this to by keeping us all in the house. I'd hate for anyone else to get this bug. It's a bad one.
Evelyn and I are on the mend. Let's hope the boys follow suit soon. This weekend we're going to try to put up our Christmas tree. Evelyn and I have made some ornaments and I'm excited for her to decorate the tree. Other than the tree I'm not doing much decorating this year since the kids and I will be in CT visiting my folks for a good chunk on Dec.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
We took Wyatt out on his first trip this past weekend to Crivitz, WI. Neil's brother's family lives there with their three boys. We had a belated Thanksgiving on Saturday and my nephew was baptized on Sunday. The drive out was just about perfect. (5hrs) We stopped once to let everyone stretch their legs. Here's some pictures from the weekend:
Wyatt and his cousin Archer:
All the "Big" kids:
And it wouldn't be a trip to Wisconsin without seeing this on the way home:
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Neil and I were discussing our upcoming holiday trips last night and we heard it..."BOOM"!!! We both tore upstairs to find Evelyn crying on her floor. She had finally climbed out of her crib. I knew she could have done it a while back, but it was just a matter of time. Looks like we'll be converting her crib into a toddler bed sometime soon. I'd like to hold off until we're all done with travelling. Hopefully she'll stay put for the time being.
On a very happy note, last night was the first night since Wyatt was born that both kids slept through the night!!! Oh happy day!!!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Here's a few tid-bits
- Our computer is at Circuit City getting a "tune-up".
- Some outlets went out downstairs causing our freezer to thaw and we had to clean it all out yesterday. Yuck. Had to toss all my frozen breast milk.
- Evelyn is still waking up at least once a night. I miss my good sleeper.
- I'm having a hard time fitting regular exercise into my week. Maybe, I'm not very motivated.
- I actually got a Kohl's 30% off coupon in the mail. I didn't think they existed until now!
- My hair is still falling out like crazy. I can't wait for my hormones to regulate so it can stop. Almost the entire canister in the vaccuum was my hair, gross.
- Since becoming a SAHM a year and a half ago, I have hardly any "dressy" clothes in my closet. I went shopping yesterday for something to wear to my nephews baptism and felt like I had no idea what is stylish.
- I'm almost done Christmas shopping....yeah!!! I hate holiday crowds and aim to have all my gifts purchased by Thanksgiving.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Halloween was a big hit with the kids. We went trick or treating up and down our little street. It took about and hour since Evelyn walked by herself most of the way. She loved greeting the neighbors and saying, "trick or treat!" It will be fun with Wyatt walking next year.