Thursday, April 24, 2008

Perspective

Yesterday I got a reality check as I read my friend Emilie's blog. Her sarcoma cancer is back after the birth of her 2nd child. Her baby is only a few weeks old and she's being told that her cancer is back and has spread. I felt my whole word halt to a stop as I read that her world has just cracked. Tears poured down my face as I imagined her facing her worst fear. Thinking about a life for her boys that she may not be in. (Here is her blog: http://lemmondrops.blogspot.com/)

My entire day changed. I stoped cleaning the house and worrying about the yard. I hugged my children and took them on a picnic at the park. I let them get dirty without scolding them. Evelyn dug in the dirt and Wyatt ate a small rock. They ate french fries and gulped down soda. We had a bubble bath party in the tub upon returning and finished the afternoon with Sesame Street video. Before I put Evelyn down for a nap she said, "We had a really good day today, Mom". Tears came to my eyes and I agreed and gave her an extra kiss and hug.

I know Emilie and her family will be on my mind quite a bit as she battles this cancer for the 2nd time. I have to believe in the power of prayer. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Marketing Mama said...

Hi April. I thought I would only cry on Emilie's blog - but yours made me cry today, too! That's so sweet that Ev commented on how great the day was - and I LOL that Wyatt ate a rock. :)

It's so hard to understand the situation that Emilie is facing, but I think it's having a profound effect on a lot of us who are her friends, as well as moms to little ones.

Kristie said...

I have to agree with Missy, your blog entry made me cry too!

kristine said...

I agree with you and Missy. This is effecting all of who know Emilie and have known her for so long, too. It's hard because I think those of us with young children think of the "what if" situation if we were in it. I just can't imagine and that's what makes me so sad.
Wow..maybe no more reading blogs for awhile - you all are making me cry!