Yesterday Evelyn finished her antibiotics for her 3rd ear infection in just over a month. Each ear infection surfaced only 2-3 days after we finished the previous antibiotic. So begins the waiting game to see if she'll stay clear this time. She had a fever on Sat. of 103.2 and I have a little cold, so I know there are some germs in our house right now. Her ped. said that it will take 4-6 wks for the fluid in her ears to drain, but she keeps coming in contact with new virus's, hence the back-to-back-to-back infections. My poor little baby.
We only have 2 wks left of ECFE classes, so after that her exposure to other children will decrease. The recommendation is 4 months of ear infections before we start talking about tubes. I just hope we don't have to go there, but I also hate pumping her full of different antibiotics. It feels like a no-win situation right now.