Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A year ago today...

I woke up at 3:30am with contractions. I laid in bed for an hour timing them and then walked around for an hour. I finally woke Neil up at 5:30 and told him I was in labor. We called his folks at 7am to come over to watch Evelyn. We got to the hospital a little after 8am and boy was I relieved to be 6cm already. The check-in and epidural went well and I talked to my mom and Neil until I was check at 10:30 and declared to be 10cm. My OB let me hang out for another 30 min so the contractions brought his head down the birth canal. I pushed at 11am. Once to get his head out and once more for the body. We were so happy to be surprised with a boy! (We didn't know what we were having).

This past year has been the happiest year of my life. Having two healthy happy children and being able to stay home with them feels like such a gift.

Happy birthday Wyatt. Thank you for being such a sweet little boy.

Just born:
Today:

3 comments:

kristine said...

Aww..Happy Birthday Wyatt!

Emilie said...

Only two pushes? Wow!

What adorable pictures. Happy birthday, Wyatt!

Beth said...

It was my Wyatt's birthday a couple weeks ago. Don't you just love the first year! Happy Birthday little guy.