Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day recap

This past weekend we travelled to Vandalia, IL for my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. We took the drive down in 2 days and the weekend was a blast. I was able to see cousins that I hadn't seen in 10 yrs. Meet new additions (spouses and babies) that I had never seen before. At first it seems overwhelming to belong to such a large family, but after a short time you realize that's what they are: family.

Sat. night was a large celebration and everyone really enjoyed themselves. Sunday we had a mass at my grandparent's church to celebrate their marriage. Spending time with my Dad's side of the family makes me sad that we don't live closer. I really enjoyed the company of my cousin's and aunts/uncles. I think we'll try to go down at least every other year now.


Here's the Themig clan (8 missing from the photo). We are the ones in blue in the back.


1 comment:

Barbara said...

Aren't big families a blast? I love family reunions!

And happy third birthday to little Evie!!