Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My last day in my 20s!

How have I done on my "goals" of this past year?

1. Try a new recipe every month
2. Exercise regularly
3. Create a family scrapbook
4. Give up my daily diet coke
5. Become more organized
6. Keep the kid's scrapbooks up to date
7. Make regular "Dates" with friends
8. Volunteer to help and organization or event
9. Make a new friend
10. Read more books by authors I don't know
11. Donate unused items/clothing
12. Research presidential candidates
13. Help a friend/family or neighbor in need
14. Read food labels before buying
15. Create more relaxing/recharging moments for myself
16. Think before I snack
17. Take a moment to enjoy my children everyday
18. Do something special for my 5yr anniversary
19. Find a new way to manage stress
20. Educate myself how to lead a greener life
21. Memorize Neil's cell number
22. Give blood
23. Write more letters
24. Eat less processed food
25. Be proud of myself
26. Attend church more regularly
27. Appreciate my husband more often
28. Recognize special dates in other peoples lives (bdays, anniv...)
29. Try to be more positive in nature

The only thing I didn't accomplish this year was give blood. Something to think about and try to do this next year.

On the eve of my 30th birthday I'm not feeling nostolgic or sad, but I'm not feeling extremely happy about having to say I'm in my 30s either. It's more indifference. One number isn't going to define who I am or how young I feel. Overall my 20s were a very fun place to be. Meeting Neil, a marriage, a new house, a daughter and a son. I'm thinking there won't be so many life changes in my 30s. Maybe a little more time for relaxation and more time for Neil and I. I predict vacations will be more enjoyable as the kids become more independant.

I feel very lucky to have been blessed with 30 years of health and happiness. Happy Birthday to me.

5 comments:

Monkeymama said...

Happy Birthday! All the best to you in the next year. :)

Emilie said...

Happy birthday, April!

kristine said...

Wow - congrats to you on getting all but one thing on your list done! That's awesome!!

I hope today is a wonderful birthday for you!! Happy Birthday!

Marketing Mama said...

Wow - you have a lot of accomplishments! Happy Birthday!

Barbara said...

Sheesh! I'm so sorry I missed your birthday--congrats on entering your thirties. Looking back, I realize I enjoyed my thirties MUCH more than my twenties. Here's wishing you a fabulous decade! :)