Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thoughts for a loved one.

We're back from our trip to Boston/Connecticut for my brothers wedding. While we were there we got news that my cousin's husband passed away very unexpectedly. I was fortunate to meet him at a family reunion in September. A wonderful man with an immense love for his family.

I don't know my cousin intimately, but my heart aches for her, their children and their families. I think about them daily. I can't imagine what she is going through right now. Losing your husband at the age of 31 seems so cruel to me. Not enough time together. She has an amazing family, siblings and parents that are helping her get through each day.

At a time when there is such an immense hole in her life, I just wish there was something I could do or say. The distance between us prevents the normal helping of meals/childcare. For now I offer my prayers to her and their families. May God's guiding light help you find your way through the darkness. All my love.

2 comments:

kristine said...

Oh my. My heart just broke for her. I wish them all peace.

Barbara said...

How awful. I will keep your cousin in my prayers. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be widowed, let alone at such a young age, and with small children to boot. Life can be so very cruel.

It's difficult to see someone you love suffering so and feel unable to help. But knowing she has your love and support will help your cousin get through this terrible time. Don't worry about saying the right thing, honey, just keep in touch with her and keep reminding her how much you love her. Love is the ultimate healing gift.