Sunday, December 7, 2008

Are you serious?

This thought went through my head yesterday after Evelyn told me she ate a light off the Christmas tree. At first I thought she was kidding, but then she showed me exactly the light she ate. Yup, she ate at least part of it. I looked it up on the internet, but there's no information. We're just making sure all her meals are high fiber, I don't think there's much else we can do.

We took the kids ice skating yesterday for the first time at a local park. Both were pretty wobbly and my back hurt after only a few minutes from bending over and hanging onto them. I just wish the weather was a little warmer. Skating in the teens/twenties is pretty cold for them (and me too!) I didn't bother bringing the camera because I knew my hands would be full.

But the most exciting thing that happend yesterday was we adopted our very own elf. (See www.elfontheshelf.com) I experienced a house elf at my SILs. Basically Santa "sends" an elf to your family to watch over the children to make sure they're good. Every night he flies back to the North Pole to report your behavior to Santa and in the morning he's in a new spot. (Magic!) The kids can talk to him, but they can't touch him or he'll lose his magic. Evie named our elf Fritz. This morning Evelyn raced downstairs to search for Fritz! It's really a lot of fun. Then when Christmas comes Fritz will go back with Santa until next year. (We picked ours up at a local Halmark)

No comments: